I am an event manager & I love my job! I truly couldn’t imagine doing anything else. Event management has me responsible for various types of projects in their entirety from conception through to post event tasks.
Glamour – yes event management does have glamorous elements but let’s be real, like all careers it has its no so spectacular tasks too. For me I absolute love seeing all our creative design, event planning, trouble shooting and organisation transform into experiences. When onsite with an event I always take the time to step back and really appreciate the moment, I find myself thinking “we built this – amazing”, this to me is the glamour.
So what does an event manager actually do, well I like to think of myself as an “event concierge”; here is a little glimpse into event life.
- Client liaison & meetings
- Delegate liaison and communication
- Event concepts & proposals
- Budget creation & management
- Establish timelines with all deliverables & key milestones
- Research suitable venues & suppliers
- Negotiate pricing, terms & conditions with suppliers & contractors
- Book venues, entertainment, equipment & suppliers as required
- Book and manage travel logistics i.e. flights, accommodation, transfers
- Hire and supervise contractors i.e. event staff, caterers and security
- Event strategies, marketing & public relations
- Event planning and event management
- Onsite event management
- Ensure health, safety and insurance regulations are followed
- Project manage the event team, all suppliers and contractors
- Trouble shoot challenges and develop plans to overcome them
- Post event items i.e. evaluation survey, event reconciliations
For information about your next event contact Vicky at email@example.com or 0422 053 013.