This week I was a guest speaker for the South Australian MEA (Meetings and Events Australia) Careers Seminar, it was a fabulous experience and I was honoured to share my career and industry experience with budding tourism and event professionals – but whilst preparing for my debut I couldn’t stop thinking about successful keynotes and what really does makes them effective. After some reflection and discussion with clients here are my findings.
Successful and effective keynote speakers:
- Work closely with the organiser to make sure the message fits well and is delivered.
- Are flexible and understand the event and the importance of it’s success.
- Keeps the audience’s interest, sharing some personal experiences that relate to the topic so the audience can connect and relate on a personal level.
- Keynote speakers entertain as well as inform their audience.
- Create hype and elevate the event
- Simplify the keynote message into a call to action by motivating, providing strategies and tips that can be taken back to into the business or life for implementation.
At Eventful Projects we produce creative and unique event solutions. Our innovative approach to event management delivers remarkable and lasting experiences that captivate audiences.
For information about your next event do not hesitate to get in touch. Contact Vicky at email@example.com or 0422 053 013.